Saturday, May 3, 2014

I've been working on one post for a while that was just going to be a vehicle for a Metallica / System of a Down music video.  But I'm kinda tired of thinking of boys as a joke

Julia is officially at her due date.  Last week at this time I was totally ready but now it just doesn't seem like it's going to happen, which is weird.  Frankie is closer than he's ever been and now he's even closer and he seems like a shoddy non sequitur to an irrelevant story.  I don't mean to sound all like "what's going on in my life or whatever" but...  Today it's like you've been planning a trip for the past month and now your are leaving tomorrow and it seems like the trip is long gone, like you've already done it a thousand times, like it's just this thing now that you aren't even sure is in the future but part of some other timeline in some other dimension.  That's a thing you feel right?

The past month, I've been listening exclusively to Love, Dad on Earwolf and it's got me doing more productive things with my time, or at least planning more productive things.  I don't feel good about being passive anymore.  Now, I just kinda feel like I am failing unless I am doing something, no matter how menial the task.

So that's good.

Father and son adventures are just around the corner.

So this blog might get better.


...

actually, i guess boys are pretty funny


No comments:

Post a Comment